JACKSONVILLE, Fla – Game 6 of the South Division Finals between the Jacksonville Icemen and Florida Everblades took place Monday night. After being down 3-0 in the series, Jacksonville put themselves back in the fight, winning Games 4 and 5 to force a Game 6 back in Jacksonville. However, last year’s Kelly Cup Champions, the Florida Everblades, prevailed with a 5-2 victory to eliminate the Jacksonville Icemen from the playoffs.
In the first period, a turnover in the neutral zone led to an Everblade goal by Tyler Irvine, who scored on a rebound from a blocked shot. Jacksonville struggled to generate shots on goal as Florida put up a good defense and outshot Jacksonville 11-5. A goal by Florida’s Cole Moberg less than two minutes into the second period gave the Everblades a two-goal lead. With just over a minute left in the second period, a goal by Ara Nazarian gave Jacksonville a much-needed boost and a strong finish to put them within one. Tyler Irvine scored his second goal of the game at the 11:19 mark of the third period, putting Florida up by two again. Irvine had been sitting in the penalty box after being assessed a high-sticking penalty and picked up the puck as he exited the box for a breakaway goal. With Jacksonville’s netminder pulled, Derek Lodemeier scored on a deflection at the 18:32 mark to make it 3-2. But with their netminder still pulled, Jacksonville gave up two empty-net goals with goals by Florida’s Levko Koper and Tyler Irvine for his third of the night for a hat trick.
In a repeat of last year’s Eastern Conference Finals, the Florida Everblades will now face the Newfoundland Growlers.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023