JACKSONVILLE, Fla- Wednesday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the visiting Florida Everblades. The game required both overtime and a shootout to determine the winner, with Jacksonville taking a 4-3 victory.
Things soon heated up in the first period, just over two minutes into the game, with Jacksonville’s Travis Howe and Florida’s Kyle Neuber getting acquainted with each other by dropping the gloves. The two heavyweights have a tradition of fighting each other every time these two teams meet. Jacksonville’s Brenden Harris scored on the power-play with just 21 seconds left in the first period to put the Icemen up 1-0.
Jacksonville started the second period on a power-play and a goal by Hunter Skinner put the Icemen up 2-0. Garett Cockerill‘s goal at the 9.11 mark gave the Icemen a 3-0 lead. During the last five minutes of the period, things started to become unraveled for Jacksonville with Florida’s Kyle Neuber, Oliver Chau, and Joe Pendeza all netting goals within a four-minute period to make it an even game.
After a scoreless third period, the game needed overtime. Jacksonville was unable to capitalize on a too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty against Florida during OT and the game would require a shootout. Shootout goals by Jake Hamacher and Brenden Harris sealed the victory for the Icemen, with Icemen netminder Olof Lindbom turning away both of the shootout shots he faced. The two teams match-up again on Friday.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Reading Royals – 11/20/2022
- PHOTOS: Florida Everblades vs. Jacksonville Icemen -11/25/2022
- Thunder Complete Sweep of Growlers in Rivera’s Return
- IceHogs Best Milwaukee In A Clash Of Offensive Titans
- Penguins Rally For Shootout Win Over Phantoms
- Bears Collar Wolf Pack
- PHOTOS: Iowa Wild vs. Chicago Wolves 11/20/2022
- Special Teams Propel Nailers
- PHOTOS: Vermilion County Bobcats vs. Fayetteville Marksmen- 11/19/2022
- Shepard, Bears Snag Win in Springfield