JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – For the second consecutive Wednesday in a row, the Jacksonville Icemen took on division rivals the Florida Everblades. Having beaten the Everblades in the shootout the previous week and riding a five-game point streak, the Icemen were hoping to continue with the momentum.
The Everblades scored first, with a short-handed goal in the first period and a second goal within the first minute and a half of the second period, to take a 2-0 lead.
The Icemen were finally able to get on the board during the third period with a power-play goal by Brenden Warren. Warren swiped the puck over the goal line, after a shot from Garret Ross trickled through the pads of the Florida netminder, stopping short of crossing the goal line. Three minutes later, Pierre-Luc Mercier would tie things up with a shot into the top corner of the net making it a 2-2 game. However, the Everblades came back to retake the lead 90 seconds later, and following a video review, it was determined that it was a goal. The Icemen continued to have a number of good opportunities to shoot the puck on net during the remainder of the third period, but it would be to no avail with Florida’s goaltender Ken Appleby turning them all away. The Everblades prevailed with a 3-2 win over the Icemen.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Penguins’ Playoff Hopes Take Blow in Loss
- ‘Lackluster’ Effort by Storm Leads to Loss in Front of Mallards Legends
- Kalamazoo Wings Win Overtime Thriller Over Indy Fuel
- Hershey Bears Clinch Playoff Berth in Win Over Syracuse Crunch
- Thunder Stick it to Cancer (and Railers)
- Amerks Complete Comeback Over Bears in Shootout
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/19/2023
- Wolf Pack, T-Birds Trade Goals in Wild Game
- Swamp Rabbits Shut Out Fuel on Road
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/18/2023