JACKSONVILLE, Fla – On Wednesday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the Florida Everblades in their first game since the Christmas break. The Icemen prevailed with a come-from-behind 2-1 victory in overtime in front of a crowd of over 8200 people. This set a new club record for the longest unbeaten/points streak at ten games, with nine wins and one OT loss in the last ten games.
The first period remained scoreless, as did the majority of the second until Kyle Neuber put the Everblades up 1-0 with less than two minutes left in the period.
Jacksonville came out strong in the third period, outshooting Florida 11 to 3. Christopher Brown netted the game-tying goal at the 13.21 mark of the third period, giving the team a spark of energy and forcing the game into overtime.
Luke Martin scored the overtime game-winner 1.33 into OT on a patient shot that beat Everblades goaltender Cam Johnson. This came on the same day it was announced that Martin had been selected to play in the 2023 ECHL All-Star Classic. Martin also earned himself the No. 1 star of the game with a goal and an assist.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023