CINCINNATI, OH – The Cincinnati Cyclones faced the Fort Wayne Komets for the sixth time this season resulting in a 5-4 victory on teddy bear toss night.
The Komets took an early 2-0 lead in the first period, with Matt Alvaro and Oliver Cooper both scoring power-play goals. The Cyclones responded by scoring four consecutive goals, ending the second period 4-2 in their favor. Two of those goals came from Lincoln Griffin. But the Komets did not surrender; they scored two more goals in the final period and fought hard to the end. Dajon Mingo, assisted by Cody Caron and Louie Caporusso, scored the decisive goal with 9:33 left. Justin Vaive had his 9th goal of the season, while Patrick Polino scored his 6th. Sean Bonar stopped 28 shots for Cincinnati.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Hector Urcia for highlights from the game.
- Rocket Split Weekend in New England
- Marlies Down Bears in Overtime
- Rockford Splits Weekend With Monsters
- Fuel Outlast Heartlanders in Overtime
- Staal Skate-Off Goal Gives Wild Win in OT
- Sweet Sound of Victory: Mayhem take down Ice Bears in OT
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/12/22
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Atlanta Gladiators – 01/07/22
- Swaney Short-Handed Goal Propels Wild
- Ulett’s OT Game Winner Spoils Iowa Comeback