CINCINNATI, OH – The Cincinnati Cyclones faced the Fort Wayne Komets for the sixth time this season resulting in a 5-4 victory on teddy bear toss night.
The Komets took an early 2-0 lead in the first period, with Matt Alvaro and Oliver Cooper both scoring power-play goals. The Cyclones responded by scoring four consecutive goals, ending the second period 4-2 in their favor. Two of those goals came from Lincoln Griffin. But the Komets did not surrender; they scored two more goals in the final period and fought hard to the end. Dajon Mingo, assisted by Cody Caron and Louie Caporusso, scored the decisive goal with 9:33 left. Justin Vaive had his 9th goal of the season, while Patrick Polino scored his 6th. Sean Bonar stopped 28 shots for Cincinnati.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Hector Urcia for highlights from the game.
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage
- PHOTOS: RJ Forbus’ Best Photos from the 2022-2023 Season
- PHOTOS: Héctor Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- Greenville Brings Back Former Defenseman