CINCINNATI, OH – The Cincinnati Cyclones faced the Fort Wayne Komets for the sixth time this season resulting in a 5-4 victory on teddy bear toss night.
The Komets took an early 2-0 lead in the first period, with Matt Alvaro and Oliver Cooper both scoring power-play goals. The Cyclones responded by scoring four consecutive goals, ending the second period 4-2 in their favor. Two of those goals came from Lincoln Griffin. But the Komets did not surrender; they scored two more goals in the final period and fought hard to the end. Dajon Mingo, assisted by Cody Caron and Louie Caporusso, scored the decisive goal with 9:33 left. Justin Vaive had his 9th goal of the season, while Patrick Polino scored his 6th. Sean Bonar stopped 28 shots for Cincinnati.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Hector Urcia for highlights from the game.
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed
- Flyers, Phantoms Aim to Rebuild
- Fuel make First Signings of 2022-23