CINCINNATI, Ohio – Friday night the Cincinnati Cyclones took on the visiting Fort Wayne Komets in the first of two back-to-back games.
The Komets struck first on the man advantage at the 14 minute mark of the first period, followed by an even strength goal 45 seconds later, to take a 2-0 lead. The Komets outshot the Cyclones 15 to 7 during that period.
The Cyclones came back in the second period with a goal by Matt McLeod 47 seconds into the period and then one by Jesse Schultz, just over a minute later to even things up. A defensive mistake gave the Komets the lead once again 34 seconds later when Shawn Boudrias beat Michael Houser 2:14 into the second period, giving the Komets the lead again. Despite Cincinnati having six more shots on goals than the Komets, the Cyclones found themselves 5-4 behind at the end of the second period.
The third period remained scoreless until the Komets scored an empty-net goal with 47 seconds left on the clock, to take the 6-4 victory. Dominic Franco scored twice in his return to Cincinnati, and netminders Michael Houser and Samuel Harvey both made 31 saves.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Hector Urcia for highlights from the game.
- Greenville Re-Signs High-Scoring Forward
- PHOTOS: Jason Johansen’s Best Photos of 2022-2023 Season
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage
- PHOTOS: RJ Forbus’ Best Photos from the 2022-2023 Season