CINCINNATI, Ohio – A goal by Justin Vaive in the second period gave the Cincinnati Cyclones the win over the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday night, at the Heritage Bank Center.
It was a hard-fought game between the two central division rivals, having virtually the same shots on goal, 38 to 35 in favor of Cincinnati. Fort Wayne got a game-tying goal overturned with 1:11 remaining for goaltender interference, making the home crowd explode in jubilation. Goalminder Beck Warm made 25 saves in his first shutout of the 2023 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
Cincinnati will play Toledo Friday night for game 1 of the Central Division Finals.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023