CINCINNATI, Ohio – On Tuesday morning, the Cincinnati Cyclones hosted the Fort Wayne Komets for their annual school field trip game, in front of more than eight thousand kids.
After a scoreless first period, the Cyclones found themselves down in the score during the second period. Drake Rymsha got the Komets on the board, with a goal 3:18 into the second. Benjamin Gagné added another goal six minutes later and a power play goal by Samuel Dove-McFalls put Cincinnati in a 3-0 deficit. The Cyclones got one back when Patrick Polino scored at 15:46 in the second period.
Once again, Cincinnati came out strong in the final period outshooting the Komets 11 to 3, and was able to tie the game with goals by Kohen Olischefski, who got his first pro goal, and a goal by Josh Passolt.
After a scoreless overtime period, the game would be decided in a shootout. Fort Wayne came out on top with a 4-3 win, handing Cincinnati its first loss of the 2022-23 season.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 03/18/2023
- Bears Drop Americans on Hall of Fame Night
- Checkered Flag: Toronto Lapped by Charlotte
- PHOTOS: Iowa Heartlanders vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Atlanta Gladiators – 03/14/2023
- PHOTOS: Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 03/17/2023
- Anas Provides Hershey Heroics in Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/12/2023
- PHOTOS: Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Chicago Wolves – 03/12/2023
- PHOTOS: Knoxville Ice Bears vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/11-12/2023