CINCINNATI, Ohio– Friday night, the visiting Fort Wayne Komets beat the Cincinnati Cyclones 5-4 in a shootout.
Justin Vaive opened the score for the local team 10:21 minutes into the first period, and Bray Crowder added another 11 seconds before the first intermission. Matej Pekar made it 3-0 at 7:32 of the second period. It took five minutes and 11 seconds for the Komets to tie the game 3-3. The Cyclones retook the lead with a goal by Zack Andrusiak at 5:02 of the final period. A power-play goal by the Komets’ Shawn Boudrias sent the game to overtime. Neither of the two teams was able to win in OT, and a shootout was needed to decide the outcome of this game. Stefano Giliati scored the only shootout goal giving Fort Wayne the win.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend