DULUTH, Ga. – This Thanksgiving Day game gave Atlanta Gladiators fans a lot to be thankful for. It was a rough start as Liam Pecararo put the swamp rabbits on the board less than a minute into the game, but Hugo Roy tied it up for the Gladiators with a short handed goal with just two seconds left in the opening period.
Roy would strike again, scoring another goal shortly into the second, pushing the Glads out to a 2-1 lead. The home team scored two more times in the second period giving the team a comfortable lead heading into the second intermission.
Greenville put a rally together in the final period, but were only able to score twice. They did outshoot the Gladiators 45-31, but the Gladiators took the win with a final score of 4-3.
Check out this gallery of the Turkey night affair, from our photographer Rebecca DaSilva!
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed
- Flyers, Phantoms Aim to Rebuild
- Fuel make First Signings of 2022-23