DULUTH, Ga. – This Thanksgiving Day game gave Atlanta Gladiators fans a lot to be thankful for. It was a rough start as Liam Pecararo put the swamp rabbits on the board less than a minute into the game, but Hugo Roy tied it up for the Gladiators with a short handed goal with just two seconds left in the opening period.
Roy would strike again, scoring another goal shortly into the second, pushing the Glads out to a 2-1 lead. The home team scored two more times in the second period giving the team a comfortable lead heading into the second intermission.
Greenville put a rally together in the final period, but were only able to score twice. They did outshoot the Gladiators 45-31, but the Gladiators took the win with a final score of 4-3.
Check out this gallery of the Turkey night affair, from our photographer Rebecca DaSilva!
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 01/22/22
- Michal Teply Hits His Stride in Rockford
- Holmstrom Reaches 700th Professional Game
- Widmar Scores Late to Propel Heartlanders
- Sikura Thwarts Wild Comeback with Late Tally
- Fuel Hold off Wings on Blackhawks Night
- Bears Win, Set Teddy Bear Toss Record
- Fix-Wolansky and Gaunce Catapult Monsters Past Americans
- PHOTOS: Quad City Storm vs. Peoria Rivermen – 01/16/22
- PHOTOS: Best of Pensacola Ice Flyers 1/14 & 1/15/22