JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Saturday night, the Jacksonville Icemen faced the visiting Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Greenville prevailed in overtime to take a 4-3 victory.
Easton Brodzinski opened up the scoring for Jacksonville at 8.38 into the first period with a snapper over the shoulder of Ryan Bednard on a beautiful move past the Greenville defensemen. A power-play goal by Alex Ierullo in the second period evened things up. Three minutes later, Greenville would take the lead on an unassisted goal from Josh McKechney, to put them up 2-1. Headed into the third period, Zach Jordan tied things up once again with his 15th goal of the season. At the 10:49 mark, Brenden Harris gave the Icemen the lead, but that was short-lived, as Tanner Eberle would score exactly one minute later, leading to an eventual overtime period. Brannon McManus scored the game-winner for Greenville on a bad change by Jacksonville, which led to a two-on-one and the puck hitting the back of the net. This was only Jacksonville’s second OT loss this season.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend