JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Icemen opened up their 2019-20 season Saturday night against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, in front of a sold-out crowd of nearly 8,600 people.
The puck had barely hit the ice when the Icemen’s Ian McKinnon and the Swamp Rabbits’ Travis Howe both dropped their gloves for a fight. Last season’s first matchup between these two teams saw Howe involved in a similar altercation with an Icemen player before the puck had even dropped.
In a close-fought battle, Greenville only out-shot Jacksonville by one (35 to 34). That one extra shot ended overtime with a Swamp Rabbits’ 4-3 victory.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder.
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller