JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Icemen opened up their 2019-20 season Saturday night against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, in front of a sold-out crowd of nearly 8,600 people.
The puck had barely hit the ice when the Icemen’s Ian McKinnon and the Swamp Rabbits’ Travis Howe both dropped their gloves for a fight. Last season’s first matchup between these two teams saw Howe involved in a similar altercation with an Icemen player before the puck had even dropped.
In a close-fought battle, Greenville only out-shot Jacksonville by one (35 to 34). That one extra shot ended overtime with a Swamp Rabbits’ 4-3 victory.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder.
- ECHL Officials Get Chance at Traverse City Prospects Tournament
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Four- Blues Bully Red Wings
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Three – Let’s Go Stargazing
- Bears, Sgarbossa Skating to Success
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Two – Pride and Maple Leafs
- Thunder’s All-ECHL Netminder Returns for Second Season in Air Capital
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Forwards
- Pre-Preseason Manitoba Moose Lineup Speculation
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day One- Puck Drop
- A ‘Roc’king Offseason – Amerks’ Additions