KNOXVILLE, Tenn – The Huntsville Havoc traveled to Knoxville to take on the Ice Bears in a battle of the top two SPHL teams on Friday.
The scoring started early for the Havoc when Tyler Piacentini and Nate Poink scored two goals within the first three minutes of the game. The Ice Bears were able to get themselves on the board with a goal from Razmuz Waxin-Engback. Bauer Neudecker added one more for the Havoc to end the period up 3-1. The Ice Bears scored early in the second period with a goal from Stepan Timofeyev, but the Havoc answered back with a power play goal by Tyler Piacentini. Down 4-2 the Ice Bears came back with goals by Jason Price and Dino Balsamo to end the second period tied at four. The Havoc regained the lead when Kyle Clarke broke the tie just 2:13 into the third period. Rob Darrar followed with an insurance goal as the Havoc took the 6-4 victory.
Check out this gallery from Field Pass Hockey photographer Michael King!
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season
- Chicago’s Coach Sheahan Embracing Expectations With New Role
- NHL Prospect Tournament Day One: ECHL Officiating Roundup
- Signings continue as Bulls roster comes together
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #32: Macon Mayhem Head Coach Nick Niedert
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)