TOLEDO, Ohio – The Toledo Walleye and Idaho Steelheads faced off Wednesday night, for the first time at the Huntington arena since the 2021-22 regular season. The Walleye in front of 8,300 fans won the game 5-4. The series is now 2-1 in favor of the Steelheads.
The Walleye wasted no time in scoring, Brett McKenzie scored off a nice feed from T.J. Hensick. The Steelheads went on and scored four unanswered. The Steelheads, led by Ty Pelton-Byce (2G, 1A), scored twice on the power play, which Idaho scored 2/5 on. The Walleye felt the pressure heading into the third period trailing by two. The Walleye went on and scored three goals in a 15-minute time span in which they took the lead by a Brandon Hawkins tip-in shot from Seth Barton with just under three minutes remaining in the game.
The Walleye look to even up the series on Friday, as the Steelheads look to take a stranglehold of the series by potentially going up 3-1 in the series.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Drake Harlett for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023