TOLEDO, Ohio – Friday night, the Idaho Steelheads came into the Western Conference Finals with a 2-1 series lead against the Toledo Walleye at the Huntington Center. The Steelheads came out victorious with a 4-3 win, to put them up 3-1 in the series.
The Steelheads, led by Wade Murphy, had two goals and one assist in the game and had the game-winning goal within the first 31 seconds of the third period. The Steelheads went on and scored three straight after the Walleye got on the board first with a power-play goal. Adam Scheel of the Steelheads went on and saved 27 shots on 30 shots on goal.
Once again, the Walleye in front of 8,300 fans would start the scoring off with a power-play goal coming from Brandon Hawkins. The Walleye, led by Seth Barton had three assists on all three Walleye goals. Gordie Green of the Walleye scored two goals and Trenton Bliss had two assists.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Drake Harlett for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Jason Johansen’s Best Photos of 2022-2023 Season
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage
- PHOTOS: RJ Forbus’ Best Photos from the 2022-2023 Season
- PHOTOS: Héctor Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season