CINCINNATI, Ohio – The Cyclones were in attack mode from the get-go, scoring within the first 15 seconds of their game against the Indy Fuel on Friday evening.
Justin Vaive opened the scoring. But, the Fuel tied the game up six minutes later thanks to Seamus Malone.
The second period was all Cincy, outshooting Indy 12-7 and scoring twice, taking a somewhat comfortable two-goal lead.
The Fuel did not make things easy for the Cyclones, as they scored three straight goals in the third to take the lead. Patrick Polino resurrected the crowd with a power goal with 4:34 left to send the game into overtime.
Neither team was able to win the game with a golden goal but the Fuel came out on top in the shootout.
Cincinnati earn the point that allowed them to clinch a playoff spot in front of 10 thousand-plus fans. The Cyclones will go on to face the Toledo Walleye at home on April 25th.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Hector Urcia for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season
- Chicago’s Coach Sheahan Embracing Expectations With New Role
- NHL Prospect Tournament Day One: ECHL Officiating Roundup
- Signings continue as Bulls roster comes together