TOLEDO, Ohio – Saturday night at the Huntington Center, the Toledo Walleye defeated the Indy Fuel 4 -2 in game two of the Central Division semifinals.
Andrew Sturtz of the Walleye started the scoring with a goal less than two minutes into the game. This made the 8,308 Walleye faithful get back out of their seats and celebrate just as they had done a few minutes earlier during the pregame player introductions. The Walleye were led by Drew Worrad, who tallied one goal and assist, and Seth Barton, who had two assists. Netminder John Lethemon recorded 34 saves on 36 Fuel shots. Trenton Bliss recorded the game-winning goal in the third period during a power-play.
The Walleye lead the series 2-0 as they head to Indianapolis on Tuesday for a 7:05 puck drop.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Drake Harlett for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023