CINCINNATI, Ohio – Patrick Polino‘s three assists and one goal helped the Cincinnati Cyclones beat the visiting Iowa Heartlanders 4-2 Saturday night at the Heritage Bank Center.
It was a balanced game, with the two teams playing for a second consecutive night. Zack Andrusiak opened the scoreboard 12:25 minutes into the first period, and Jalen Smereck made it 2-0 at just past the halfway point of the second period. The Heartlanders made it 2-1 with a goal by Zach White at the start of the final period. Twenty-three seconds later, Patrick Polino scored the game-winning goal at the 15:55 mark, as the Heartlanders would tally one more goal. An empty netter goal by Louie Caporusso sealed the deal for the Cyclones with just 17 seconds left in the game. Iowa registered 25 shots on goal, while Cincinnati had 23. Mark Sinclair made 23 saves for Cincinnati.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023