CINCINNATI, Ohio – The Cincinnati Cyclones kept their playoff hopes alive with a 4-2 win over the Iowa Heartlanders Friday night at The Heritage Bank Center.
The Cyclones struck first when Jesse Schultz beat Hunter Jones for his 22nd goal of the season. Lukas Craggs put Cincinnati up by two 2:39 into the second period, assisted by Schultz. Iowa tied it up before the second intermission, scoring the only power-play goal of the night.
Michael Houser had to be substituted after a collision with Kris Bennett five minutes into the third.
Both teams played a disciplined game where five combined penalties were called for the whole match. Louie Caporusso scored the winning goal while Dominic Franco provided the insurance goal. Sean Bonar made seven saves, while Houser got 20 before his injury.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Hector Urcia for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Penguins’ Playoff Hopes Take Blow in Loss
- ‘Lackluster’ Effort by Storm Leads to Loss in Front of Mallards Legends
- Kalamazoo Wings Win Overtime Thriller Over Indy Fuel
- Hershey Bears Clinch Playoff Berth in Win Over Syracuse Crunch
- Thunder Stick it to Cancer (and Railers)
- Amerks Complete Comeback Over Bears in Shootout
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/19/2023
- Wolf Pack, T-Birds Trade Goals in Wild Game
- Swamp Rabbits Shut Out Fuel on Road
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/18/2023