CINCINNATI, Ohio – On Wednesday night, the Cincinnati Cyclones defeated the Kalamazoo Wings 3-1 at the Heritage Bank Center.
After 20 minutes of play, the game was still scoreless in a low-shooting first period for both teams. Tyler Irvine gave the Wings a 1-0 lead with a goal with less than two minutes left in the second period. Cincinnati needed help finding the formula to beat netminder Evan Cormier for more than 54 minutes. A goal by Justin Vaive, assisted by Bray Crowder, tied the game up at 14:08 of the final period. Lincoln Griffin took advantage of a misplay by Wing’s goalie, Evan Cormier, and was able to just tap the puck in for the winning goal. An empty netter by Louie Caporusso with one second left in the game sealed the comeback for the Cyclones. Beck Warm had 16 saves for the cyclones.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
- All-Star Journey: Odyssey to Laval
- PHOTOS: 2023 AHL All-Star Classic – Fan Jam Red Carpet Event – 02-05-2023
- Skills Competition Heats Up AHL All-Star Weekend
- PHOTOS: Indy Fuel vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 02/03/2023
- Checkers Complete Empire State Sweep in Syracuse
- PHOTOS: Birmingham Bulls vs. Knoxville Ice Bears- 02/02/2023
- Storm Lose Fourth Straight But Have Fire
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #88: Howard Dolgon for AHL Hall of Fame?
- Soderblom and IceHogs Get Back on Track
- Bears Fall Apart in Loss to Phantoms