MACON, Ga. – The Knoxville Ice Bears returned to the Macon Coliseum on Tuesday, March 10 to make up a rescheduled game. WWE Superstar Luke Gallows was on hand to drop the puck and became honorary assistant coach, spending the first period on the Mayhem’s bench. Macon started the game in WWE fashion when Dylon Denomme and Dwyer Tschantz dropped the gloves after the opening face off.
The Ice Bears and Mayhem exchanged goals in the opening frame. Knoxville would take the lead early in the second period, but Macon would end it with a one-goal lead. The scoring in the third period started with an odd goal where Macon’s Stephen Pierog shot the puck at Knoxville goaltender Joseph Murdaca‘s back, who pushed the puck over the goal line. The Mayhem held the lead and won the game, 5-3.
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory