MACON, Ga. – The Knoxville Ice Bears returned to the Macon Coliseum on Tuesday, March 10 to make up a rescheduled game. WWE Superstar Luke Gallows was on hand to drop the puck and became honorary assistant coach, spending the first period on the Mayhem’s bench. Macon started the game in WWE fashion when Dylon Denomme and Dwyer Tschantz dropped the gloves after the opening face off.
The Ice Bears and Mayhem exchanged goals in the opening frame. Knoxville would take the lead early in the second period, but Macon would end it with a one-goal lead. The scoring in the third period started with an odd goal where Macon’s Stephen Pierog shot the puck at Knoxville goaltender Joseph Murdaca‘s back, who pushed the puck over the goal line. The Mayhem held the lead and won the game, 5-3.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season