MACON, Ga. – The Knoxville Ice Bears returned to the Macon Coliseum on Tuesday, March 10 to make up a rescheduled game. WWE Superstar Luke Gallows was on hand to drop the puck and became honorary assistant coach, spending the first period on the Mayhem’s bench. Macon started the game in WWE fashion when Dylon Denomme and Dwyer Tschantz dropped the gloves after the opening face off.
The Ice Bears and Mayhem exchanged goals in the opening frame. Knoxville would take the lead early in the second period, but Macon would end it with a one-goal lead. The scoring in the third period started with an odd goal where Macon’s Stephen Pierog shot the puck at Knoxville goaltender Joseph Murdaca‘s back, who pushed the puck over the goal line. The Mayhem held the lead and won the game, 5-3.
Check out Bryan’s gallery and be sure to follow him at Orbicular Media and on Instagram!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Worcester Railers – 03/22/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/18/2023
- Bears Roll Amidst Lineup Changes
- Breaking Down Atlanta’s Path To The Postseason
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 59: Obstructed View
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023