MACON, Ga. – The Macon Mayhem welcomed the Knoxville Ice Bears to the Macon Coliseum on Friday, January 14, 2022. The Ice Bears have been on a tear as of late and sit second in the standings. Macon was coming off of their first big win of the season on the previous night.
On paper, this match-up was a big mismatch. The Mayhem were looking to prove that the previous nights’ success was no fluke. The first period would end with the Macon fans feeling defeated with Knoxville up 3 to 1. The second and third periods would see Macon gain two goals in each while Knoxville could only net one in each. The resiliency of Macon was surprising to everyone, especially the Ice Bears who now found themselves in overtime. It didn’t take long in the extra frame for the Ice Bears to seal the deal. Knoxville would win with a final score of 6-5. Macon’s hard fought loss felt like a disappointing win. The Mayhem would have a chance for redemption on the following night.
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory
- Kelly Cup Playoff Western Conference Final Preview: Toledo Walleye vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Kelly Cup Playoff Eastern Conference Final Preview: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Florida Everblades