Reading, PA – The Reading Royals and Maine Mariners faced off Friday night for the first time this season at the Santander Arena.
The Royals took a commanding 3-0 lead in the first period. Trevor Gooch opened the scoring 2:35 into the game before scoring his second of the night seven minutes later. Brayden Low finished the first period scoring with a breakaway goal halfway through the period.
The Mariners Pascal Laberge broke the shutout 15:25 into the second period, to make it a two goal game. The third period was scoreless until 30 seconds left in the game, when Frank DiChiara scored an empty net goal. The final score was 4-1.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action!
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener