Reading, PA – The Reading Royals and Maine Mariners faced off Friday night for the first time this season at the Santander Arena.
The Royals took a commanding 3-0 lead in the first period. Trevor Gooch opened the scoring 2:35 into the game before scoring his second of the night seven minutes later. Brayden Low finished the first period scoring with a breakaway goal halfway through the period.
The Mariners Pascal Laberge broke the shutout 15:25 into the second period, to make it a two goal game. The third period was scoreless until 30 seconds left in the game, when Frank DiChiara scored an empty net goal. The final score was 4-1.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action!
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem