READING, Pa. – The Reading Royals and Maine Mariners played game two of their Northern Division Semifinal series on Friday night.
The game followed a similar pattern to Wednesday night. Trevor Gooch opened the scoring with an early power play goal in the first period. Kenny Hausinger and Frank DiChiara scored 29 seconds apart in the second period to give the Royals a 3-0 lead for the second game in a row. The Mariners once again pulled their goalie for an extra attacker with five minutes left in the third. Unlike Wednesday’s game, the Mariners could not get the puck past Logan Flodell to find the back of the net. The Royals held on for the 3-0 win and Flodell got his first professional playoff shutout.
The Royals now lead the Mariners 2-0 in the series, which now heads up to Portland, Maine.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season