READING, Pa. – The Reading Royals and Maine Mariners played game two of their Northern Division Semifinal series on Friday night.
The game followed a similar pattern to Wednesday night. Trevor Gooch opened the scoring with an early power play goal in the first period. Kenny Hausinger and Frank DiChiara scored 29 seconds apart in the second period to give the Royals a 3-0 lead for the second game in a row. The Mariners once again pulled their goalie for an extra attacker with five minutes left in the third. Unlike Wednesday’s game, the Mariners could not get the puck past Logan Flodell to find the back of the net. The Royals held on for the 3-0 win and Flodell got his first professional playoff shutout.
The Royals now lead the Mariners 2-0 in the series, which now heads up to Portland, Maine.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener