READING, PA – The Reading Royals and Maine Mariners faced off for game 2 of their series Saturday night.
Brendan Hoffmann opened the scoring for the Royals five minutes into the first period before Maine tied it up two minutes later on a goal by Jacob Wilson. Jacob Gaucher put the Royals back ahead with seven minutes left in the period, but Alex-Olivier Voyer re-tied the game five minutes later to end the period 2-2.
Evan Barratt and Max Newton both scored in the second period to give the Royals a two goal lead heading into the third period. Mitchell Fossier scored 12 minutes into the third to try and start the comeback for Maine. Zayde Wisdom scored an empty net goal with less than 3 minutes left in the game to seal the win for the Royals. The final score was 5-3.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023