READING, PA – For the second season in a row, the Reading Royals defeated the Maine Mariners to head to the second round of the Kelly Cup playoffs.
The Royals wasted no time in opening the scoring. Devon Paliani scored just a minute and a half into the game. Mitchell Fossier tied it up for the Mariners midway through the period but the Royals retook the lead two minutes later on a goal from Jacob Gaucher.
Nick Master tied the game for Maine three minutes into the second period, with Garrett McFadden scoring two minutes later to give the Royals the lead once again. Zayde Wisdom finished the second period scoring less than a minute later.
Tyler Heidt and Brendan Hoffmann both scored in the third period to ice the Royals win. The final score was 6-2. The Royals will now face the Newfoundland Growlers in the North Division Finals.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 69: Finals
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Hershey Bears
- Newly-Affiliated Gladiators Elevate Nesbitt To Head Coach, Promote Pyle
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 06/01/2023
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023