READING, PA- The Reading Royals and Maine Mariners faced off Wednesday night. The Mariners opened the scoring with a short-handed goal from Patrick Shea seven minutes into the game. The Royals responded less than a minute later when Shane Seller scored on the power-play, and then 30 seconds later, Charlie Gerard scored his first of the night. Jacob Gaucher ended the first period scoring with a power-play goal with one minute left in the first, giving the Royals a 3-1 lead.
Charlie Gerard scored his second of the game eight minutes into the second period. The Mariners countered back with three straight goals to tie it up at 4-4. Jacob Gaucher scored his second of the night to give the Royals the lead heading into the third. Patrick Shea scored his second of the night a minute into the third period. Alec Butcher finished the scoring to give the Royals the win 13 minutes into the third, with a 6-5 victory.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski, who was there to capture the action.
- PHOTOS: Jason Johansen’s Best Photos of 2022-2023 Season
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage
- PHOTOS: RJ Forbus’ Best Photos from the 2022-2023 Season
- PHOTOS: Héctor Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season