READING, PA- The Reading Royals and Maine Mariners faced off Wednesday night. The Mariners opened the scoring with a short-handed goal from Patrick Shea seven minutes into the game. The Royals responded less than a minute later when Shane Seller scored on the power-play, and then 30 seconds later, Charlie Gerard scored his first of the night. Jacob Gaucher ended the first period scoring with a power-play goal with one minute left in the first, giving the Royals a 3-1 lead.
Charlie Gerard scored his second of the game eight minutes into the second period. The Mariners countered back with three straight goals to tie it up at 4-4. Jacob Gaucher scored his second of the night to give the Royals the lead heading into the third. Patrick Shea scored his second of the night a minute into the third period. Alec Butcher finished the scoring to give the Royals the win 13 minutes into the third, with a 6-5 victory.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski, who was there to capture the action.
- PHOTOS: 2023 AHL All-Star Classic – Skills Competition – 02/05/2023
- All-Star Journey: Odyssey to Laval
- PHOTOS: 2023 AHL All-Star Classic – Fan Jam Red Carpet Event – 02/05/2023
- Skills Competition Heats Up AHL All-Star Weekend
- PHOTOS: Indy Fuel vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 02/03/2023
- Checkers Complete Empire State Sweep in Syracuse
- PHOTOS: Birmingham Bulls vs. Knoxville Ice Bears- 02/02/2023
- Storm Lose Fourth Straight But Have Fire
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #88: Howard Dolgon for AHL Hall of Fame?
- Soderblom and IceHogs Get Back on Track