WORCESTER, Mass – Saturday night, the Maine Mariners traveled to Worcester to take on the Railers in the second game of three games in consecutive nights set.
The Railers broke out early in the first period, with Jacob Hayhurst opening up the scoring, and the period would end with the Railers having a 3-1 lead. Maine goaltender Michael DiPietro kept his team in the game, keeping the Railers off the scoreboard, and Maine ended the second period with a 4-3 lead. Uncharacteristic penalties by the Railers marked the third period, and the Mariners took advantage with two scores, one from Tyler Hinam with the game-winner and Nick Master adding an insurance tally late in the period. The Railers Liam Coughlin would add a third-period score for his second of the game, but the effort fell short, and the Mariners skated away with the 6-4 victory. Mariners forward Chase Zieky, with a goal and an assist in the win, was the game’s first star.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Brian Stone Sr for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win