Rosemont, Ill. – In a 4-3 overtime win for the Chicago Wolves, it was a tough fight to stay out of the penalty box against the visiting Manitoba Moose.
The Wolves dominated the start of the first period with two goals, but the Moose came to fight back taking the lead following the second period. During the second period the Wolves struggled to stay out of the box totaling seven penalties. Captain Andrew Poturalski did get a penalty shot, but came up short handed. Goaltender Josh Leivo, who was the first star of the night, scored the game winning goal in OT at 4:57. Jamieson Reese, got second star of the game with a goal and an assist, and Goaltender Alex Lyon received third star with SA 30 and SV 27.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Karen McClain for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem