CINCINNATI, Ohio– On Friday night the Cincinnati Cyclones went up against the visiting Newfoundland Growlers for their second of a three-game series. The Growlers took a 2-1 victory.
The first period was evenly matched with both teams having virtually the same number of shots on goal (7-6 in Cincinnati’s favor) but no goals were scored. The visiting team struck first with a goal by Jack Badini 2:07 into the second period. A power-play goal by Zack Andrusiak at 13:10 in the second period tied the game at 1-1. The final period belonged to Cincinnati, who outshot their opponent 18 to 7. Yet, they found themselves one goal down once again when Todd Skirving scored the winning goal with less than five minutes of play left. Dryden McKay made 35 saves for the Growlers.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Worcester Railers – 03/22/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/18/2023
- Bears Roll Amidst Lineup Changes
- Breaking Down Atlanta’s Path To The Postseason
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 59: Obstructed View
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023