READING, PA – The Reading Royals hosted the Newfoundland Growlers for the first time this season, on Saturday.
The Royals opened the scoring nine minutes into the first period when Brendan Hoffmann scored his second short handed goal of the season. Hoffmann made it 2-0 Royals 14 minutes into the second period, this time with a power play goal. The Growlers got on the board four minutes later when Isaac Johnson scored a power-play goal.
Max Newton regained the Royals two goal lead a minute into the third. Devon Paliani increased the Royals lead to 5-1 by scoring twice in a three minute span. The Growlers got a late power play goal from Brennan Kapcheck but could not get more past Nolan Maier. The final score was 5-2.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Worcester Railers – 03/22/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/18/2023
- Bears Roll Amidst Lineup Changes
- Breaking Down Atlanta’s Path To The Postseason
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 59: Obstructed View
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023