READING, PA – The Reading Royals hosted the Newfoundland Growlers for a Monday matinee.
The Growlers opened the scoring two minutes into the first when Isaac Johnson got one past Nolan Maier. Keenan Suthers increased the lead to 2-0 with a short-handed goal 13 minutes into the period. The Royals responded a minute later when Alec Butcher scored. Adam Dawe finished the first period scoring three minutes later to give the Growlers a 3-1 lead. Charlie Gerard scored 48 seconds into the second period to return the Royals to a one-goal deficit. Todd Skirving scored on the power-play with six minutes left in the second to regain the Growlers two goal lead. There was no scoring in the third period. The final score was 4-2.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski, who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend