READING, PA – For the second season in a row the Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers are facing off in the second round of playoffs in the North Division Finals.
Keenan Suthers opened the scoring for the Growlers three minutes into the first period. There was no scoring in the second period. Both teams had several great opportunities in the second, but Pat Nagle and Dryden McKay stood tall and did not allow anything past them. Isaac Johnson made it a two goal lead for the Growlers three minutes into the third. Orrin Centazzo capped off the scoring with an empty net goal with less than two minutes left in the game. The final score was 3-0 to the Growlers.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski, who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win