READING, PA – The Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers opened the North Division Finals Saturday night.
The Royals got off to a quick start with two goals from Frank DiChiara three minutes apart to opening the scoring. Kevin Conley and Dominic Cormier also scored for the Royals to give them a 4-0 lead after the first period.
The Royals made it 5-0, 30 seconds into the second period when Trevor Gooch scored his first of the night. The Growlers got one back when Gordie Green snuck one past Pat Nagle. Trevor Gooch scored his second at 18:34 to give the Royals a five goal lead heading into the third. Isaac Johnson and Marc Johnstone each scored late in the third to bring the Growlers to being three goals down. Trevor Gooch scored an empty net goal for the hat trick to give the Royals the 7-3 victory and lead the series 1-0.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season
- Chicago’s Coach Sheahan Embracing Expectations With New Role
- NHL Prospect Tournament Day One: ECHL Officiating Roundup
- Signings continue as Bulls roster comes together
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #32: Macon Mayhem Head Coach Nick Niedert
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)