READING, PA – The Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers opened the North Division Finals Saturday night.
The Royals got off to a quick start with two goals from Frank DiChiara three minutes apart to opening the scoring. Kevin Conley and Dominic Cormier also scored for the Royals to give them a 4-0 lead after the first period.
The Royals made it 5-0, 30 seconds into the second period when Trevor Gooch scored his first of the night. The Growlers got one back when Gordie Green snuck one past Pat Nagle. Trevor Gooch scored his second at 18:34 to give the Royals a five goal lead heading into the third. Isaac Johnson and Marc Johnstone each scored late in the third to bring the Growlers to being three goals down. Trevor Gooch scored an empty net goal for the hat trick to give the Royals the 7-3 victory and lead the series 1-0.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah