Reading, PA – The Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers faced off for Game Two of their best-of-seven series Sunday night.
The game got off to a slower start than the night before. Ben Finkelstein opened the scoring for the Growlers halfway through the first period during the power play.
Zach O’Brien gave the Growlers a two goal lead early in the second. Tyler Boland scored the Growlers second power play goal at 4:45 mark, to give the a 3-0 lead.
Kevin Conley got the Royals back into the game with a goal five minutes into the third period. The Growlers held off the Royals late push in the game and scored an empty net goal to give them the 4-1 victory.
The teams split the games in Reading and now head to Newfoundland for games 3-5.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
- Lifting the Mask With Pyotr Kochetkov
- PHOTOS: Rockford IceHogs vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Worcester Railers vs. Reading Royals – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/28/2023
- Monday Monster Mash: Rollercoaster
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/27/2023
- PHOTOS: Rockford Icehogs vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 01/27/2023
- Furry Fury: Bears Blanked on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- Griffins’ Second Period Surge Buries Wolves
- Wolves Battle for an O.T. Win Over IceHogs