Reading, PA – The Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers faced off for Game Two of their best-of-seven series Sunday night.
The game got off to a slower start than the night before. Ben Finkelstein opened the scoring for the Growlers halfway through the first period during the power play.
Zach O’Brien gave the Growlers a two goal lead early in the second. Tyler Boland scored the Growlers second power play goal at 4:45 mark, to give the a 3-0 lead.
Kevin Conley got the Royals back into the game with a goal five minutes into the third period. The Growlers held off the Royals late push in the game and scored an empty net goal to give them the 4-1 victory.
The teams split the games in Reading and now head to Newfoundland for games 3-5.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season
- Chicago’s Coach Sheahan Embracing Expectations With New Role
- NHL Prospect Tournament Day One: ECHL Officiating Roundup
- Signings continue as Bulls roster comes together