Reading, PA – The Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers faced off for Game 6 of their series Saturday night.
The Growlers opened the scoring nine minutes into the first period when Tyler Boland scored his elventh goal of the playoffs. Ben Finkelstein gave the Growlers a two goal lead at the 13:06 mark of the first period.
Boland scored his second goal of the game 23 seconds into the second period. The Royals did not give up and Kevin Conley got them on the board 12:30 into the second. Brad Morrison made it a one goal game when he scored with six seconds left in the period.
The Royals continued pressing in the third period to get the tying goal and force overtime. The Growlers secured the 4-2 win with an empty net goal from Gordie Green, forcing a Game 7 to be played Monday night.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 03/18/2023
- Bears Drop Americans on Hall of Fame Night
- Checkered Flag: Toronto Lapped by Charlotte
- PHOTOS: Iowa Heartlanders vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Atlanta Gladiators – 03/14/2023
- PHOTOS: Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 03/17/2023
- Anas Provides Hershey Heroics in Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/12/2023
- PHOTOS: Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Chicago Wolves – 03/12/2023
- PHOTOS: Knoxville Ice Bears vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/11-12/2023