Reading, PA – The Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers faced off for Game 6 of their series Saturday night.
The Growlers opened the scoring nine minutes into the first period when Tyler Boland scored his elventh goal of the playoffs. Ben Finkelstein gave the Growlers a two goal lead at the 13:06 mark of the first period.
Boland scored his second goal of the game 23 seconds into the second period. The Royals did not give up and Kevin Conley got them on the board 12:30 into the second. Brad Morrison made it a one goal game when he scored with six seconds left in the period.
The Royals continued pressing in the third period to get the tying goal and force overtime. The Growlers secured the 4-2 win with an empty net goal from Gordie Green, forcing a Game 7 to be played Monday night.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
- PHOTOS: Chicago Wolves Calder Cup Championship Celebrations – 06/28/2022
- Wolves’ Fifth Championship Season is One for the Ages
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #74: Summer Calm in TampaCuse Land
- Wolves Blank Thunderbirds to Win Calder Cup
- PHOTOS: Springfield Thunderbirds vs. Chicago Wolves – 06/20/2022
- Wolves Outlast T-Birds, Take Series Stranglehold
- PHOTOS: Springfield Thunderbirds vs. Chicago Wolves – 06/19/2022
- Kochetkov Blanks T-Birds, Wolves Take Series Lead
- MacArthur Named Head Coach of Thunder
- Coachella Valley Firebirds Coaching Staff Takes Shape