Reading, PA – The Reading Royals and Newfoundland Growlers faced off for game 7 Monday night.
The first period seemed like it would be scoreless until at 17:03 Derian Plouffe capitalized on a turnover to score shorthanded for the Growlers.
Noel Hoefenmayer made it 2-0 with a goal 9:38 into the second. The Royals got back into the game when Patrick Bajkov was able to get the puck over the line during a scramble at the net. Ben Finkelstein regained the two goal lead for the Growlers four minutes later. Brad Morrison was able to give the Royals life late in the second when he scored on a partial breakaway.
Isaac Johnson scored for the Growlers 11:44 into the third making it 4-2. The Royals continued pushing but could not get the puck past Growlers netminder Keith Petruzzelli. The Growlers won the series and now head to the Eastern Conference Finals.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 03/18/2023
- Bears Drop Americans on Hall of Fame Night
- Checkered Flag: Toronto Lapped by Charlotte
- PHOTOS: Iowa Heartlanders vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Atlanta Gladiators – 03/14/2023
- PHOTOS: Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 03/17/2023
- Anas Provides Hershey Heroics in Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/12/2023
- PHOTOS: Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Chicago Wolves – 03/12/2023
- PHOTOS: Knoxville Ice Bears vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/11-12/2023