JACKSONVILLE, Fla – Wednesday night the Jacksonville Icemen hosted the Norfolk Admirals in their first match-up in Jacksonville in nearly two years. Jacksonville continued their win streak with a huge 7-3 victory over Norfolk.
The Icemen dominated the first period, going up 3-0 and outshooting the Admirals 17-3. The Admirals gained some momentum during the second period, hitting the back of the net twice and outshooting the Icemen 13-10. This was, however, after the Icemen had already scored two more goals in the opening six minutes of the period. Up 5-2 going into the third period, momentum shifted back in Jacksonville’s favor with two more goals, including the second goal of the night by Brendan Harris. Jacksonville outshot Norfolk 12-2 in the period, with Norfolk scoring on one of those two shots.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem