JACKSONVILLE, Fla – Wednesday night the Jacksonville Icemen hosted the Norfolk Admirals in their first match-up in Jacksonville in nearly two years. Jacksonville continued their win streak with a huge 7-3 victory over Norfolk.
The Icemen dominated the first period, going up 3-0 and outshooting the Admirals 17-3. The Admirals gained some momentum during the second period, hitting the back of the net twice and outshooting the Icemen 13-10. This was, however, after the Icemen had already scored two more goals in the opening six minutes of the period. Up 5-2 going into the third period, momentum shifted back in Jacksonville’s favor with two more goals, including the second goal of the night by Brendan Harris. Jacksonville outshot Norfolk 12-2 in the period, with Norfolk scoring on one of those two shots.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener