JACKSONVILLE, Fla. –On Saturday night in front of a sold out crowd of 8,967 people, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the Orlando Solar Bears. The Icemen sported themed jerseys for Military Appreciation Night to honor the military personnel and veterans in attendance.
After a scoreless first period, a shorthanded goal by Jacksonville’s Pierre-Luc Mercier gave Jacksonville a 1-0 lead at the end of the second.
Less than a minute into the third period, a goal by Jacksonville’s Alexis D’Aoust gave the Icemen a two-goal advantage. The Solar Bears scored eleven seconds later to bring it back to within one again.
With a little over two minutes left in the game, a delay of game penalty against Jacksonville’s Dajon Mingo would allow Orlando to lift their goaltender to give them a two-man advantage in hopes of tying up the game. A short-handed, empty-net goal by Emerson Clark dashed those hopes and secured a 3-1 victory for the Icemen.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder, and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory