JACKSONVILLE, Fla – The Jacksonville Icemen faced off against the Orlando Solar Bears on Wednesday night. The Icemen took a 3-2 victory in overtime.
The first period was scoreless, with Jacksonville unable to convert during a power-play in which they had over a minute with a two-man advantage, with two Orlando players sitting in the box. Jacksonville’s Tim Theocharidis tallied the first goal of the night, 2.22 into the second period, on a backhander that bounced and hopped over the stick of Orlando’s netminder Garret Sparks. Just over three minutes later, Jacksonville’s Craig Martin, netted his 10th goal of the season to make it a 2-0 game.
A power-play goal by Ross Olsson early into the third period shifted the momentum in Orlando’s favor. A little over four minutes later, Orlando evened things up on a goal by Bennett MacArthur. Jacksonville mounted some pressure in the closing minutes of the third period, with Charles Williams coming up big with some saves, but OT was needed.
In his first game back after being out for two weeks with an injury, Brandon Fortunato, wristed it short side on a patient play in which he waited for the opening before scoring the OT winner.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder, who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend