JACKSONVILLE, Fla – Sunday afternoon’s 4-2 victory by the visiting Orlando Solar Bears toppled the Jacksonville Icemen from their top spot in the South Division and became their fourth straight loss.
In another battle of the goaltenders, the game remained scoreless after the first period. During the first three minutes of second period, Orlando scored two goals 28 seconds apart. Craig Martin put Jacksonville on the board just over five minutes later (his 15th of the season) to make it a one-goal game. Orlando’s Tristen Langan scored just 47 seconds into the third period, putting the Solar Bears up 3-1. A disallowed goal for goaltender interference dealt a big blow to the Icemen, but Brenden Harris had an unassisted goal a few minutes later to put the Icemen within one goal again. With their goaltender pulled, the Icemen tried desperately to even things up, but an empty net goal sealed the 4-2 victory for Orlando. The icemen created good chances, but just couldn’t capitalize on them during this game.
Jacksonville face Orlando in their third consecutive game against them on Wednesday night.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Lifting the Mask With Pyotr Kochetkov
- PHOTOS: Rockford IceHogs vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Worcester Railers vs. Reading Royals – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/28/2023
- Monday Monster Mash: Rollercoaster
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/27/2023
- PHOTOS: Rockford Icehogs vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 01/27/2023
- Furry Fury: Bears Blanked on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- Griffins’ Second Period Surge Buries Wolves
- Wolves Battle for an O.T. Win Over IceHogs