JACKSONVILLE, Fla – Sunday afternoon’s 4-2 victory by the visiting Orlando Solar Bears toppled the Jacksonville Icemen from their top spot in the South Division and became their fourth straight loss.
In another battle of the goaltenders, the game remained scoreless after the first period. During the first three minutes of second period, Orlando scored two goals 28 seconds apart. Craig Martin put Jacksonville on the board just over five minutes later (his 15th of the season) to make it a one-goal game. Orlando’s Tristen Langan scored just 47 seconds into the third period, putting the Solar Bears up 3-1. A disallowed goal for goaltender interference dealt a big blow to the Icemen, but Brenden Harris had an unassisted goal a few minutes later to put the Icemen within one goal again. With their goaltender pulled, the Icemen tried desperately to even things up, but an empty net goal sealed the 4-2 victory for Orlando. The icemen created good chances, but just couldn’t capitalize on them during this game.
Jacksonville face Orlando in their third consecutive game against them on Wednesday night.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season