JACKSONVILLE, Fla – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen played host to the visiting Orlando Solar Bears in their second home game of the season. Jacksonville, who played the previous night in Greenville, ended a six-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over Orlando.
After a scoreless first period, the Icemen dominated the second period. The Solar Bears could not register a single shot on goal, compared to the Icemen’s thirteen. Chris Brown scored a short-handed goal, and Sean Giles scored the first goal of his professional career.
The third period saw Aaron Luchuk score a power-play goal for the Solar Bears, extending his point streak to eight games and bringing the score to within one. Orlando pulled their goaltender in the final minutes of the game, but Jacksonville’s Chris Brown secured the game for the Icemen by scoring on the empty net for his second of the game.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage
- PHOTOS: RJ Forbus’ Best Photos from the 2022-2023 Season
- PHOTOS: Héctor Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- Greenville Brings Back Former Defenseman