JACKSONVILLE, Fla – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen played host to the visiting Orlando Solar Bears in their second home game of the season. Jacksonville, who played the previous night in Greenville, ended a six-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over Orlando.
After a scoreless first period, the Icemen dominated the second period. The Solar Bears could not register a single shot on goal, compared to the Icemen’s thirteen. Chris Brown scored a short-handed goal, and Sean Giles scored the first goal of his professional career.
The third period saw Aaron Luchuk score a power-play goal for the Solar Bears, extending his point streak to eight games and bringing the score to within one. Orlando pulled their goaltender in the final minutes of the game, but Jacksonville’s Chris Brown secured the game for the Icemen by scoring on the empty net for his second of the game.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Springfield Thunderbirds vs. Chicago Wolves – 06/19/2022
- Kochetkov Blanks T-Birds, Wolves Take Series Lead
- MacArthur Named Head Coach of Thunder
- Coachella Valley Firebirds Coaching Staff Takes Shape
- Chicago Evens Calder Cup Finals With Early Onslaught
- Springfield Rallies For Game One OT Win
- 21 Impressive 2022 Calder Cup Finals Facts to Impress Your Friends
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 35: Calder Cup Finals Kickoff
- Calder Cup Finals Preview: Chicago vs. Springfield
- Springfield Advances to Calder Cup Finals