JACKSONVILLE, Fla – On Friday night, the Jacksonville Icemen played host to the visiting Orlando Solar Bears in their second home game of the season. Jacksonville, who played the previous night in Greenville, ended a six-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over Orlando.
After a scoreless first period, the Icemen dominated the second period. The Solar Bears could not register a single shot on goal, compared to the Icemen’s thirteen. Chris Brown scored a short-handed goal, and Sean Giles scored the first goal of his professional career.
The third period saw Aaron Luchuk score a power-play goal for the Solar Bears, extending his point streak to eight games and bringing the score to within one. Orlando pulled their goaltender in the final minutes of the game, but Jacksonville’s Chris Brown secured the game for the Icemen by scoring on the empty net for his second of the game.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Best of Quad City Storm 11/26 & 11/27/21
- PHOTOS: Norfolk Admirals vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 11/29/21
- Makiniemi Corrals Wild in Wolves Win
- Reign Get it Done in the Shootout
- Storm Sweep Weekend Over Cross-State Rivals
- Kozlowski Dazzles in Heartlanders Victory
- Mayhem Blanked by Ice Flyers
- Monsters Cookie Crumbles Against Milwaukee
- PHOTOS: Utica Comets vs. Charlotte Checkers – 11/27/21
- PHOTOS: Orlando Solar Bears vs Jacksonville Icemen – 12/01/21