JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Saturday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the Orlando Solar Bears, their South Division rivals. Both teams came into the game having won on the road the night before.
In a scoreless first period, both teams seemed evenly matched, with Orlando having one more shot on goal than the Icemen. During the second period, the Solar Bears were able to capitalize on a rebound save off the pads of the Icemen’s goaltender Adam Carlson, giving them a 1-0 lead. Jacksonville tried to rally in the third period and outshot Orlando 11-5. A stellar performance by Orlando’s netminder Clint Windsor, who turned away all 27 shots on goal, gave Orlando the victory and Windsor the shutout. Jacksonville’s Carlson turned away 26 of the 27 shots he faced on goal.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Penguins’ Playoff Hopes Take Blow in Loss
- ‘Lackluster’ Effort by Storm Leads to Loss in Front of Mallards Legends
- Kalamazoo Wings Win Overtime Thriller Over Indy Fuel
- Hershey Bears Clinch Playoff Berth in Win Over Syracuse Crunch
- Thunder Stick it to Cancer (and Railers)
- Amerks Complete Comeback Over Bears in Shootout
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/19/2023
- Wolf Pack, T-Birds Trade Goals in Wild Game
- Swamp Rabbits Shut Out Fuel on Road
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/18/2023