JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On Saturday night, the Jacksonville Icemen took on the Orlando Solar Bears, their South Division rivals. Both teams came into the game having won on the road the night before.
In a scoreless first period, both teams seemed evenly matched, with Orlando having one more shot on goal than the Icemen. During the second period, the Solar Bears were able to capitalize on a rebound save off the pads of the Icemen’s goaltender Adam Carlson, giving them a 1-0 lead. Jacksonville tried to rally in the third period and outshot Orlando 11-5. A stellar performance by Orlando’s netminder Clint Windsor, who turned away all 27 shots on goal, gave Orlando the victory and Windsor the shutout. Jacksonville’s Carlson turned away 26 of the 27 shots he faced on goal.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder and be sure to follow Andrew on Twitter for the latest Jacksonville Icemen photos!
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington