MACON, Ga. – The Pensacola Ice Flyers visited the Macon Coliseum to face the Mayhem on Sunday. Coming off their first home win of the season, the Mayhem were looking forward to this Sunday matinee game.
Macon opened up the scoring halfway through the first period. Three goals in less than 80 seconds gave the Mayhem a big lead. The Ice Flyers did not let the large deficit deter them as they were able to even the score before the end of first period. The second and third periods ended in a tie as both teams were able to tally an even number of goals in each. An extra 30 seconds of additional time is all the Ice Flyers needed to take the win. Pensacola’s John DeRoche‘s first goal of the season was also the game winner. The final score was Pensacola, 6 to Macon, 5.
Check out Bryan Meeks’ gallery and be sure to follow him at Orbicular Media, MaconHockey.Photos and on Instagram!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend