MACON, Ga. – The Peoria Rivermen made their way south to face the Macon Mayhem on November 8 and 9. The Rivermen swept the Mayhem the previous weekend in Peoria, both games ending in shutouts. The iced Mayhem were looking for revenge at home. Friday, tempers would flare as frustration mounted on both sides. Penalties totaled 110 minutes, Peoria totaled 5 goals, and Macon totaled 3 goals.
Saturday, the scoreboard, instead of the penalty box, was the center of attention. Back and forth goals through two periods resulted in a 2-2 tie. The Rivermen opened the flood gates in the third period, scoring 3 unanswered goals. The final score was 5-2 in favor of Peoria.
Peoria extended their record for most wins to start a season to 7. Macon does get a chance to avenge the four losses as they will travel to Peoria in late January.
Follow Bryan at Orbicular Media and on Instagram.
- Mayhem Provides Update On Coaching Search
- Bears Fill Out Coaching Staff, Name Todd Nelson Head Coach
- Lapierre Poised for Pro Leap in Hershey
- Allen Leaves Big Shoes to Fill in Hershey
- Is It October Yet?: Laval Rocket 2022-23 Schedule Breakdown
- Wichita Thunder in the Market for New NHL Affiliate
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #76: The 2022-23 AHL Schedule is Here!
- Thunderbirds Reveal 2022-23 Schedule
- Big Home Swing to Kick Off Gladiators 20th season
- Bears’ 85th Season Schedule Revealed