MACON, Ga. – The Peoria Rivermen made their way south to face the Macon Mayhem on November 8 and 9. The Rivermen swept the Mayhem the previous weekend in Peoria, both games ending in shutouts. The iced Mayhem were looking for revenge at home. Friday, tempers would flare as frustration mounted on both sides. Penalties totaled 110 minutes, Peoria totaled 5 goals, and Macon totaled 3 goals.
Saturday, the scoreboard, instead of the penalty box, was the center of attention. Back and forth goals through two periods resulted in a 2-2 tie. The Rivermen opened the flood gates in the third period, scoring 3 unanswered goals. The final score was 5-2 in favor of Peoria.
Peoria extended their record for most wins to start a season to 7. Macon does get a chance to avenge the four losses as they will travel to Peoria in late January.
Follow Bryan at Orbicular Media and on Instagram.
- Tim Branham Departs Utah for AHL’s Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Speaks Episode #55: Preseason News!
- Top Draft Picks Battle in Keystone State Showdown
- Snively Brings Important Skill to Hershey
- Marlies & Growlers Sign Nine
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #9: Chattin’ with the Commish
- 2021 Field Pass Hockey Fan Survey
- Malenstyn Eyes Key Season in Return From Injury
- Quad City Storm Racking Up New Additions
- Crunch Announces Fan Admittance Policies for 2021-22