MACON, Ga. – The Peoria Rivermen made their way south to face the Macon Mayhem on November 8 and 9. The Rivermen swept the Mayhem the previous weekend in Peoria, both games ending in shutouts. The iced Mayhem were looking for revenge at home. Friday, tempers would flare as frustration mounted on both sides. Penalties totaled 110 minutes, Peoria totaled 5 goals, and Macon totaled 3 goals.
Saturday, the scoreboard, instead of the penalty box, was the center of attention. Back and forth goals through two periods resulted in a 2-2 tie. The Rivermen opened the flood gates in the third period, scoring 3 unanswered goals. The final score was 5-2 in favor of Peoria.
Peoria extended their record for most wins to start a season to 7. Macon does get a chance to avenge the four losses as they will travel to Peoria in late January.
Follow Bryan at Orbicular Media and on Instagram.
- Penguins Pushing For Playoff Spoiler
- Cramarossa Leads Iowa Past IceHogs In OT
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 15: Hat Tricks
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs Reading Royals – 1/22/2022
- Bears Surge Past Penguins
- Inside the SPHL Podcast Episode #15: Kasey Kulczycki & All-Star Vote Reveal
- Marlies Score Late, Take OT Win From Griffins
- White Keeps Heartlanders Rolling
- Late Goal Lifts Pack Past Bears
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 01/22/22