MOLINE, Ill. – The Peoria Rivermen and Quad City Storm continued a SPHL re-scheduled weekend set at Vibrant Arena on Saturday evening, February 4, 2023. Peoria is filling in for the Vermilion County Bobcats for the second straight night; Friday night’s tilt going to Peoria with a 6-0 shutout of the home team. The Storm started the season strong, leading the standings for portions of the first couple of months but have struggled since the new year began, now sitting in ninth place. The Quad City fans showed up in force, over 4600 in attendance, to support their team and the Hockey Fights Cancer evening, with special jerseys and names of loved ones lost to cancer or cancer survivors written below the ice surface. The visiting Rivermen would not offer a chance to the home team, dropping the Storm 5-2 after three periods, earning the Rivermen squad their tenth win in a row.
Read the game recap/analysis from Field Pass Hockey writer Anna Headley Storm Lose Fourth Straight But Have Fire
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Tim Lester, who was there to capture the action.
Tim Lester is Field Pass Hockey’s Peoria Rivermen and Quad City Storm photographer and will be bringing you action from both teams all season long.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend