MOLINE, Ill. – The “Cold War on 74” had its first playoff series this past weekend, with the Peoria Rivermen and Quad City Storm facing off in the SPHL’s President’s Cup Semifinals.
Goaltender Bailey Brkin stopped 35 shots for Quad City, allowing just one goal. On the other side, Rivermen goaltender Jack Berry faced 39 shots, stopping 36. Taylor Pryce and Marcus Ortiz each had two goals for the Storm, while Marcel Godbout scored the only goal for the Rivermen.
The final score was 4-1 Quad City, giving the Storm their only win in the short three-game series.
Check out this gallery from Field Pass Hockey photographer Emily Anderson.
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 36: 2022-23 AHL Season Kickoff
- Several Thunder Players Attending AHL Camps
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #35: Jason Ruff
- Michael Mersch a Significant Add to the Rochester Americans
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos of the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)