ROANOKE, Va. – “Stick it to Cancer” weekend continued at the Berglund Center, with game two of a weekend matchup between the Rivermen and the Rail Yard Dawgs. After breaking their five-game home winning streak the previous night, the Dawgs came out ready to win. Gloves were dropped a little over five minutes into the game, just before Mac Jansen scored, with an assist from Jeff Jones. This was followed quickly with not one but two goals, a minute apart, from Matt O’Dea. All this in just the first period.
Roanoke goalie Henry Dill was tested all night long, by a relentless host of Rivermen. He stopped 30 of the 31 shots on goal. Mitch McPherson scored the only Peoria goal, in the second period. Dill was the star of the third period, as Peoria threw everything but the kitchen sink at him. Spectacular teamwork backed him up in defense of the goal, led by Captain, Travis Armstrong. In the end, the Rivermen were sent upstream, by the Dawgs, who win of 3-1.
Field Pass Hockey photographer Michele Hancock was there and shot this photo gallery.
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 01/22/22
- Michal Teply Hits His Stride in Rockford
- Holmstrom Reaches 700th Professional Game
- Widmar Scores Late to Propel Heartlanders
- Sikura Thwarts Wild Comeback with Late Tally
- Fuel Hold off Wings on Blackhawks Night
- Bears Win, Set Teddy Bear Toss Record
- Fix-Wolansky and Gaunce Catapult Monsters Past Americans
- PHOTOS: Quad City Storm vs. Peoria Rivermen – 01/16/22
- PHOTOS: Best of Pensacola Ice Flyers 1/14 & 1/15/22