MACON, Ga. – The Macon Mayhem hosted the Quad City Storm for the first time since their inception on the weekend of December 13 and 14, 2019. Christmas was the theme for the weekend in Macon.
The Storm and Mayhem used first two periods of Friday’s game to find each other’s weaknesses. Quad City would tally one goal in the first and Macon would respond in the second. Things opened up in the third period with the Storm scoring twice. Macon would retaliate by scoring two times within a minute to even the score. Quad City responded just a minute later. Unlike previous games, Macon would find a way to score twice late in the third period to tie the game and take the lead. The third period ended with the Mayhem on top.
Saturday, the Mayhem donned Peanuts Christmas themed jerseys for teddy bear toss night. Unlike the previous night, the game was a defensive battle. Goalies on both sides made spectacular saves to keep the game scoreless through two and a half periods. Shawn Lynch scored on a breakaway for Macon and the teddy bears flew. Quad City was unable to answer giving Macon their second straight win.
Check out Bryan’s gallery and be sure to follow him at Orbicular Media and on Instagram.
- Canucks Training Camp Round-Up
- PHOTOS: 2021 Vancouver Canucks Training Camp Day Three – 09/25/21
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Defense and Goaltenders
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up
- Camp Invitee Avon Earns Flyers Contract
- Amerks Impress at Buffalo Prospects Challenge
- An Update on Several Allen Americans Storylines
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #10: ECHL Mishmash
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces