TOLEDO, Ohio – The Reading Royals and Toledo Walleye faced off Sunday night in a rematch of division leaders.
The Royals picked up right where they left off on Saturday, with Brad Morrison opening the scoring for the Royals on a power play 6:58 into the game. Brayden Low scored less than a minute later to give the Royals a 2-0 lead. Trevor Gooch continued his hot streak and scored to give the Royals a 3-0 lead 11:51 into the first period.
Midway through the second period, Anthony Gagnon capitalized on a power play, giving the Royals a four-goal lead.
Toledo would make a push late in the third, scoring two quick goals, but to no avail.
For the second night in a row, Gooch scored an empty net goal to seal the win for the Royals, a decisive 5-2 victory.
Field Pass Hockey photographer Sarah Pietrowski was there to capture the action.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season