TOLEDO, Ohio – The Reading Royals and Toledo Walleye faced off Sunday night in a rematch of division leaders.
The Royals picked up right where they left off on Saturday, with Brad Morrison opening the scoring for the Royals on a power play 6:58 into the game. Brayden Low scored less than a minute later to give the Royals a 2-0 lead. Trevor Gooch continued his hot streak and scored to give the Royals a 3-0 lead 11:51 into the first period.
Midway through the second period, Anthony Gagnon capitalized on a power play, giving the Royals a four-goal lead.
Toledo would make a push late in the third, scoring two quick goals, but to no avail.
For the second night in a row, Gooch scored an empty net goal to seal the win for the Royals, a decisive 5-2 victory.
Field Pass Hockey photographer Sarah Pietrowski was there to capture the action.
- Bears Add Capitals Draftees Hughes, Maass to AHL Deals
- Green Leads Growlers to Win, Avoiding Elimination
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win